Eric Agbata – PhD, MPH, MSC, and MACP.
- How can you focus and continue to thrive when issues arise in your personal life?
- How do you balance the demands of work and family?
- How do you navigate your life through the constant transitions in your life, family, work and business?
With an MPH and Ph.D. in Public Health, followed by a master’s degree in Counselling Psychology as well as six years of coaching and mentorship experience, and more than 15 years of experience in public health academic and research, my goal is to help you overcome life’s challenges while you maintain your professional performance and results.
Working with clients from many cultural backgrounds has enabled me to perceive cultural sensitivities and concerns accurately. Also, I have several academic publications in the fields of Global Public Health, including developed guidelines for vulnerable populations in Canada and Europe.
Finally, I am accustomed to specific needs and challenges faced by CEOs and leaders, professionals, individuals, and families dealing with the complexities of life, more so in a post-pandemic context.
I will support you in finding clarity and vision in your quest for excellence in life.
I am a registered psychotherapist (qualifying) with the College of Psychotherapists of Ontario as well as I am also a Canadian Certified Counsellor. Assessment and treatment services are provided in anxiety, mood, somatic, learning and behavioural issues. My assessment work includes conducting a comprehensive psychological, psychoeducational and psychosocial evaluation.
Types of Therapy offered for a range of psychological difficulties such as personality disorders, depression and stress, anxiety (phobias, trauma, PTSD, and compulsions), and health anxiety.
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Emotionally Focused
- Family / Marital
- Family Systems
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Positive Psychology
- Psychodynamic (Short-Term)
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
Modality: Individuals, Couples and Family.
Individual/Couple/ Family sessions are tailored to meet the individual’s specific needs. The following are some concerns we can address during your sessions:
- Anxiety and depression
- Divorce and parenting after divorce
- Blended families, extended family
- Parent-child conflict
- Grief – Loss and mourning
- Marital issues
- Trauma / PTSD
- Finding clarity and vision for business, career, life partner and life
- Reconnection with self and family
- Improving communication skills in interpersonal relationships
- Improving time management, planning and organization skills
- Increasing confidence and self-esteem
- Balance in career and life