OPTIFAST® is more than a diet plan. It is a lifestyle changing educational program that limits calorie intake while providing the support and expertise of healthcare professionals. Designed to help you learn to take control, set realistic goals, learn new habits, make healthy lifestyle changes, and lose weight to improve your health status.
Session 5 – Body Image.
Body Image is the perception that a person has about their physical self and their thoughts and feelings that result from that perception. These feelings can be positive, negative, or both, and are influenced by individual and environmental factors.
The goals of this session are:
- Recognize signs (such as avoiding mirrors, touch, and movement) that you are in denial/nonacceptance of your weight.
- Understand the factors that influence body image and how they change throughout the life cycle.
- Understand the hidden benefits of obesity and how they relate to your situation.
- Identify and practice the 4 steps for developing a new body image.
- Recognize feelings that signal you are at risk for weight regain.
Please register to join the session (required). Registered participants will receive an invitation to join via Zoom App.
Please add email@example.com to your email contacts. If you don’t receive the Zoom invitation link on the day of the session please check your spam/junk mail.